The Standardization Law of the People’s Republic of China stipulates that the State shall establish a statistical analysis report system on the implementation of mandatory standards. On this basis, SAC has started a pilot statistical analysis on the implementation of mandatory national standards among the standard-drafting departments, which will cover the period between May and September 2021.
According to the mandatory national standards under centralized management, the standard-drafting departments shall focus on the implementation of mandatory national standards, which have been implemented for more than 2 years, and that have attracted high attention from consumers, have large impact on the industry, and cover a wide range of areas. The specific number of standards shall be determined by the organization and drafting department.
The main contents of this statistical analysis include:
- Standard applicability. Focusing on (i) whether the applicable scope of the standard matches the current level of industrial development, that is, whether there are new technologies and new products that have not been covered by the standard; (ii) whether the normative reference documents are currently valid, that is, whether the standard of the test method cited has been updated or not; (iii) whether the standard technical indicators are comprehensive and whether the standard technical requirements are reasonable, compared with the new situation, new problems and new demands; and (iv) whether the standard needs to be updated, compared with the latest progress of international technical regulations and standards.
- Standard compatibility. Focusing on (i) analyzing whether there are problems inconsistent with the main technical indicators of other mandatory standards, and whether new supporting standards are needed to support the implementation of the standard; (ii) whether there is any inconsistency with relevant laws and regulations, departmental rules or industrial policies.
- Implementation of the standard. Focusing on the analysis of (i) the overall implementation and compliance rate of the standard by enterprises, (ii) the application of the standard by the government in the aspects of market access, ongoing and ex post supervision and reference of policy documents, and (iii) consumers’ awareness of the standard. At the same time, statistics can be carried out by the relevant parties to promote standards and training.
- Standard technical economic analysis. Focusing on the main technologies adopted by relevant enterprises to meet the requirements of the standard, as well as the applicability of the main technologies and the results of the standard. The standard cost analysis includes the technical transformation and increased cost inputs of the enterprise in order to be compliant, as well as the proportion of the new costs on the total cost.
- Standard implementation benefit analysis. Focusing on the analysis of the contribution and impact of the standard to (i) safeguard people’s livelihood and safety, (ii) to promote the high-quality development of the industry, (iii) to promote international trade, (iv) to protecting the ecological environment, etc. This shall be based on qualitative and quantitative methods, and shall put forward differentiated indicators of economic, environmental and social benefits. The evaluation methods of economic and social benefits can refer to the national standards of Standardized Benefit Evaluation Part 1: General Rules for Economic Benefit Evaluation (GB/T 3533.1-2017) and Standardized Benefit Evaluation Part 2: General Rules for Social Benefit Evaluation (GB/T 3533.2-2017).