In June 2020, the 14th meeting of the Commission for Deepening the Reform of the CPC Central Committee adopted the Guiding Opinions on Deepening the Integrated Development of New Generation Information Technology and Manufacturing Industry. The Opinions position the integrated development of new generation information technology and manufacturing industry as a key element for deepening reforms.
After the meeting, Xinhua ZHAO, President of CESI, published a signed article on China Electronics News, titled Accelerating the Construction of a High-level Integration Development Standard System and Promoting the Integration of New Generation Information Technology and Manufacturing Industry. Considering the increasingly prominent role of standards in supporting industrial development, in promoting scientific and technological progress, and in regulating social governance, as well as the role of standardization as a key link and bridge in the integrated development of the industrial chain, the article highlights out that the integration of the new generation of information technology and manufacturing industry has promoted the continuous innovation of standard research and service mode. CESI has made remarkable achievements in open source, platform service and tool innovation, for instance:
- CESI’s construction of the magnolia open source community has brought together a high concentration of technological resources in the fields of cloud computing, big data, and industrial internet. Based on a pattern of “open source + standards”, it aims to jointly create a new consensus in the conversion of mature open source achievements into standards; it also aims to promote application and innovation experience, shortening the period of research and development of the standard.
- The industrial Internet standard management public service platform built by CESI brings together the knowledge of more than 1,000 published national standards; while the industrial APP aggregation platform brings together more than 2,000 types of industrial APP and industrial software products that meet the standard requirements. These platforms are aggregates of reusable standard knowledge, providing to relevant actors substantial experience and knowledge needed in the process of standard-development and revision.
- CESI established CPS, industrial software/APP, cloud computing, blockchain and other testing capabilities that have been recognized by CNAS. These provide external heterogeneous protocol compatibility, industrial software/APP product quality, cloud services, industrial blockchain system and other testing tools. These tools promote the application and implementation of standards, not only facilitating relevant actors to use the standards, but also contributing to the popularization and large-scale dissemination of standards.
The article points out that it is necessary to build a high-level standards system for the integration of new generation information technologies within the manufacturing industry, increasing the supply of such standards, and giving full play to the role of standards in contributing to industry and technological development. In this context, CESI will:
- Accelerate the establishment of standardization institutions and organizations for integrated development, clarify work objectives, open communication channels, and form a standardization work pattern in which all parties can promote each other. The National Technical Committee for Standardization of Information Technology (TC28) is actively establishing a standardization organization for integrated technologies and applications, and promoting the formation of a working pattern featuring the active participation of all relevant parties based on the top-level design of the standards system.
- Aim to develop a number of important technical standards urgently needed by the industry, especially focusing on industrial Internet platforms, the data dictionary of the industrial Internet platform, and the implementation guide of the digital transformation of the manufacturing industry. We will encourage leading enterprises to focus on key issues of independent technology research and development, and build a technology standards system that meets the needs of the market and innovation. Leverage on the different advantages of national standards, industry standards and association standards to improve the speed and level of technical standards supply. Finally, the standardization research and development model will be innovated, the instrumentalization and modularization of standard results, and lower the threshold of application and promotion.
- Supported by the standard management service platform, the knowledge graph project will be launched, decoupling the basic principles, methods, technologies and quality requirements of the standard development. The efficiency of the standardization development will be increased, while the standard test verification capabilities will be expanded, and key standard test verification methods and tools deployed. The scientific nature, applicability and integrity of standards should be verified; advanced, economical and practical standard results should be formed.
- Strengthen international exchanges and cooperation, and improve the benchmark mechanism of the integrated development standard strategy with developed countries, such as Germany’s Industry 4.0 and the United States’ Industrial Internet. Make full use of the domestic counterparts of ISO, IEC, ITU and other international organizations for standardization, and actively promote the internationalization of standardization achievements. Support domestic enterprises to lead or substantially participate in the formulation of international standards, organize and form regional standardization organizations based on national strategies, promote the internationalization of Chinese standards, continuously enhance the influence of Chinese standards in international and regional organizations, and consolidate China’s voice in international standardization work.